As the situation with COVID-19 continues to develop, HealthCare NZ is taking all possible measures to protect the people we support, family/whānau and our staff.
Safety and wellbeing is our number one priority and we are monitoring what happens both here in New Zealand, and around the world. We are working closely with the Ministry of Health on our response and also being directed by the advice and guidelines from Government.
The latest information and series of Q&As is available on our website (https://www.healthcarenz.co.nz/coronavirus-what-you-need-to-know/).
If you work for HealthCare NZ and have questions, please contact your branch to talk to the team there.
If you are a person we support and have a question, please also contact your branch to talk to the team there.
Remember the simplest tips to keep you and others safe:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Stay home if you feel unwell and call Healthline on 0800 358 5453.
We ask that If you or anyone you know is showing flu-like symptoms call Healthline on 0800 358 5453. It is free and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can also access information online through the Ministry of Health website – https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov