When you call us or use our site, you are trusting us with your information. At Healthcare New Zealand, we understand this is a big responsibility and this Privacy Statement tells you:
- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use that information
- The choices available to you such as view, correct, change, or delete
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
We hope you will take time to read this Privacy Statement carefully.
Information We Collect And Use
The information about you that we collect and use includes:
- Information about who you are e.g. your name and contact details
- Information about your contact with us e.g. forms, job applications, phone recordings, enabled cookies setting and IP address when navigating our site
- Information that is automatically collected e.g. via cookies when you visit one of our websites
- Personal information e.g. relating to your health, marital or civil partnership status. This information will only be collected and used where it’s needed to provide the product or service you have requested or to comply with our legal obligations
- Information you may provide us about other people who may be interested in our services
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information only where:
- You need help with a forgotten password or having login problems with one of our site services
- You have given us your permission [consent] to send you information about our services and selected business partners with which we believe may be of interest and benefit. This may also include advertisers where our site may contain links to these other sites. You should be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners and advertisers
- It’s necessary to provide the services you have requested
- It’s necessary for us to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, e.g. changes to our Terms and Conditions, detection and prevention of fraud
- You want to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit
If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our services.
What About Cookies
Our website uses third party cookies from Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, which gives us insight into behaviour information relating to visitor age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level. This will help us to understand browsing behaviour to give you a better experience whilst visiting our sites.
Our website places a cookie on the hard drive of your computer. A “cookie” is a file which allows us to track and target the interests of our website users. Cookies are used to analyse your use of our website and to serve ads when you visit our website.
The information we collect and share with third parties through cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous (it does not include personal information which is likely to identify you). The information may be used to serve you ads in relation to our products when you visit our website and third party websites.
While we recommend that users enable cookies on their browsers in order to enjoy all the features of our website, the decision remains in the hands of the individual. Most browsers allow you to control management of cookies, this will be different depending on each user’s PC.
Who We May Share Your Information With
- Healthcare New Zealand employees relevant in the provision of services for you
Where Your Information Is Processed
The information we hold is processed in New Zealand and in accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Act.
How We Protect Your Information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our employees also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice; providing a controlled environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you services that meet your needs.
We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Changes To This Statement
In order to reflect the fact that our business is growing constantly, we reserve the right to change this policy at any time. We will notify site users of any changes to the Privacy Statement via this website.
Further information or to make a complaint
Contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner (www.privacy.org.nz) for detailed information or email Quality.Team@healthcarenz.co.nz and we will do our utmost to make things right.