If someone you care about or support is showing signs of challenging behaviour, Explore Specialist Advice can help.
We believe challenging behaviour is a form of communication. We support the person with the behaviour, and their family/whānau and support networks, to develop strategies to reduce the impact it has on their lives.
Depending on the age and needs of the person, we can support you in the following ways:
- Early intervention: for children and young people with early stages of challenging behaviour and their family/whānau and support networks. Support focuses on enabling the child or young person to remain in their home, school and community environments.
- General behaviour support for children and young people: focuses on people whose challenging behaviour has a significant impact on their life. We involve wider support networks in the home, school and community in our behaviour strategies.
- General behaviour support for adults: for adults whose challenging behaviour is having a significant impact on their lives. Involves wider support networks in home, work, vocational and community environments.
Download an Explore Specialist Advice information brochure.
Watch the videos below to find out more about Josh and Michelle*, who have been supported by Explore Specialist Advice.
Our services are free for people eligible for disability support services
Contact us to find out more about our services.
* not their real names
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Services
Explore is pleased to have become the new national provider for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) programmes from 1 May 2017.
Ensuring the continuity of these high quality ASD programmes to people is a key priority for us.
For referrals please email email@example.com
Working for Explore
At Explore we are always interested in hearing from people who want to find out more about the roles we offer, or who may like to work with us.
In particular we are interested in hearing from people with relevant qualifications and/or experience in Psychology, Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Teaching, and with other relevant disability and behaviour support experience.
At Explore we offer:
- a professional and supportive environment where innovation and skills transfer are valued
- flexibility including flexible hours and variety of challenging work
- commitment to your professional and personal development
- autonomy with easy access to management, clinical oversight and peer support through our flat structure
- satisfaction in the role - knowing you are making a difference.
Respect - Empowerment - Excellence
Explore Services Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Healthcare of New Zealand Holdings Limited (HealthCare NZ).