At Healthcare Rehabilitation we understand how important it is for people to maintain control of their rehabilitation after an injury, regain their potential and live life as independently as possible at home and in their community.
We are a specialised injury-related home and community and nursing services provider, uniquely skilled in high complex, serious injury support services.
As a lead provider to ACC for home and community support services and a contracted provider of ACC nursing services, it is important to us that people receive the right support that meets their unique needs.
Our Realise Service programmes are about providing the best possible in-home, personalised support, nursing and rehabilitation services so that people can get on with living their life after an accident.
- Realise Support for returning to independence: assistance with household management, personal support, community activities and child care while you are recovering back to your pre-injury independence.
- Realise Support for maximising independence: long term, goal-based support services to help you get on with living life as independently as possible after a serious brain injury, spinal injury or complex injury.
- Realise Nursing for injury-related support: personalised in-home nursing that treat not only the symptom or condition but looks at ways to minimise the chance of the injury occurring again.
Our injury-related focus means that we are very experienced in providing you with the very best personalised service for your rehabilitation and recovery. From fully trained, police checked support workers through to highly experienced registered healthcare professionals, you have our complete attention.
The Realise services are ACC-funded and are available throughout New Zealand including rural areas. We also support private paying clients.
Returning to independence
When you have an accident it’s important to know that you have the best support in place to help you while recovering from an injury.
Our service helps you get back to your pre-injury level of independence through a goal-based approach. A registered health professional works with you to set rehabilitative goals and monitor your support needs. Our support workers support you to achieve these goals and help you with everyday tasks.
Examples of our support could be:
- household tasks – day to day tasks such as cleaning, vacuuming, laundry and meal preparation
- personal care – attending to your personal health and hygiene needs
- social and community integration – supporting you to continue with community and social activities
- childcare – assisting with the caring of your child/children.
Talk to your healthcare practitioner about a referral to our services or contact us to find out more.
We understand how important it is to have a support team you can trust. Our team is uniquely skilled in highly complex, serious brain injury and spinal injury support services and works hard to ensure you’re supported to live as independently as possible.
A registered health professional works alongside you to develop a goal-based service plan and oversees your support service. Your support team is trained with the skills specific to your injury needs.
The service provides household management, personal support, social and community integration and child care. But it’s the added benefits of the Realise Support programme that make the difference:
- a client focused approach that supports you to make informed choices and achieve goals
- a support team that is best suited to your needs
- training for client specific needs including traumatic brain and spinal injury training
- NZQA qualified support workers (or working towards NZQA)
- both mobile service managers and local offices making it easy for you to talk face to face with us at any time
- a collaborative approach with other healthcare organisations involved with your support so services are coordinated
- quality checks to ensure we are providing the best service
- a nationwide service so if you travel you continue to receive individualised support
- access to the Realise Nursing service so you receive both clinical and support services from one provider.
Contact us to find out more.
The Realise Nursing service is about getting you back to your optimal self as soon as possible. The service is not just about treating the symptom or the condition. We focus on the ‘whole you’, what your needs are, how the injury happened and then create a treatment plan that gets you back on track quickly and reduces the chance of the injury happening again.
A Realise nurse will visit you in your house, at a time that suits you.
Our services include:
- ACC Community Nursing
- specialised wound management – surgical, traumatic and chronic
- medication support
- palliative care
- urinary and bowel assessment and management
- diabetes support and education
- nutritional support
- mobility assessments
- dementia and cognitive impairment service.
Our Realise Nursing team is highly trained and experienced, with extensive clinical expertise in post-surgery rehabilitation, wound management, burn management and spinal and brain injury support.
Healthcare Rehabilitation is a contracted supplier to ACC for nursing services. Many of our nurses have an additional scope of practice, approved by ACC as specialists in injury assessment and management.
For a referral to the Realise Nursing service see your health professional.
Contact us to find out more.