Updated Feb 2023
HealthCare New Zealand is conducting a payroll review, as some current and past employees may have inadvertently received underpayments.
The issues relate to entitlements under the Holidays Act 2003 and primarily impact permanent and fixed-term employees (as opposed to casual or contractor staff) and those who are on a guaranteed hours contract, who work variable and unpredictable work patterns, or work above their contracted hours.
If you’re a past employee and have received your remediation letter advising that you have an amount owed, please update your contact and payment information by completing the form below. Completion of this form is required before we can make any payments. Please note that you will be required to verify your identity.”
In some cases, but not all, these employees may have received underpayments and we have an obligation to correct this. The Holidays Act legislation is complex, with varying rules and calculations for different leave types. This is a widespread issue and is not isolated to HealthCare New Zealand.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does this affect me?
If you were employed by HealthCare New Zealand (or one of the affiliated companies listed below) between 28 May 2014 and now and
- worked variable and unpredictable work patterns; and/or
- worked above your contracted hours
you may be affected. HealthCare New Zealand will write to the affected employees in due course. If you are not affected, we will also confirm this with you in writing. Please be patient with us as this may take several months.
Which companies are included in this review?
The companies covered under this payroll review are:
- HealthCare New Zealand
- HealthCare of New Zealand Holdings Limited
- HealthCareNZ Limited
- Explore Services Limited
- Solora Limited
- NZCare (NZCare Group Limited)
- HRL Rehabilitation Limited
Do I need to contact you?
We have attempted to contact all affected employees through the contact information we hold on file. If you were employed by one of the companies above between 28 May 2014 and the 31 December 2020 and you have not been contacted about your remediation case, please email your full name & IRD number to [email protected].
If you do not have email, you can mail your contact information to: Holidays Act Remediation Team, PO Box 1912, Palmerston North, 4440.
How long will it take?
We have completed the recalculation for the vast majority of employees and are in the process of contacting all affected employees.
How did this happen? What is the issue?
- The issues relate to entitlements under the Holidays Act 2003 and primarily impact permanent or fixed-term employees (not contract or casual) or those on a guaranteed hours contract who either work variable and unpredictable work patterns, or work above their contracted hours. In some cases, but not all, these employees may have received underpayments and a back-payment may need to be made.
- The Holidays Act legislation is complex with varying rules and calculations for different leave types. This is a wide issue affecting many employers and is not isolated to HealthCare New Zealand.