We’re a nationwide organisation committed to working towards a shared goal – to provide people with the high-quality support they need in their own homes and communities.
As New Zealand’s largest provider of home-based health, disability and rehabilitation services, we have offices in over 30 locations throughout the country, and our dedicated team currently supports around 20,000 people.
Our current vacancies are listed below. If we don't have a job available that suits you but you are interested in working for us, please email us.
- Working for us
- Why join us
What it’s like to work here
- We’re a highly diverse team of people, we come from all walks of life and each bring our own experiences, skills, knowledge and expertise – and we really value that ‘mix’.
- While we specialise in different areas, we are all linked by our shared vision – to provide the best home-based health, rehabilitation and disability support in New Zealand.
- You’ll have ongoing opportunities to learn new skills, and to develop and grow personally and professionally.
- People here look out for each other and Health and Safety really does matter.
- You’ll meet amazing people doing fantastic things for people in communities across New Zealand – and become one of those amazing people yourself!
- We have a good time because we’re all in this for the same reason – to provide the best home-based health, rehabilitation and disability support in New Zealand.
Rae is a HCNZ Community Health Support Worker based in Christchurch. Having worked in the community since the age of 17, Rae has found her role extremely rewarding.
Our success is built on having teams of people with diverse life skills delivering services in the way that people need. We value people with heart and the ability to do what’s right every day.
We offer career opportunities across a wide variety of roles - whether you work in one of our offices or directly support people in the community, our commitment to innovation means that your work will be varied, valuable and interesting.
The types of roles we offer include:
- Direct support roles: support workers, recovery facilitators, core workers, team leaders and coordinators spend their time working closely with the people we support. These team members come from all walks of life and use their knowledge and skills to support people to live the lives they want to.
- Clinical/specialist roles: our Nurses, Clinical Advisors, Health Advisors, Behaviour Support Specialists and Psychologists. We are lucky to have the qualified support of more than 250 team members who use their clinical and specialist skills to ensure we are providing the best possible care to the people we support.
- Operational people leaders: Service and Branch Managers, General Managers, Community Support Leaders and Clinical Leaders. Like all good leaders, ours have heads for business and hearts for people – they work closely with sector organisations, stakeholders, the people we support and their family/whānau, as well as their team members, to ensure we deliver the best possible services.
- Corporate services: we have teams of people in Finance, Human Resources, Learning and Development, Health and Safety, Business Solutions and IT, Project Management, Service Development, Quality, Communications and Marketing, and administration and support.
We are all about making sure that you can reach your goals and be really successful in what you do every day. Depending on the area of the organisation you join or role you take on, you will have the opportunity to develop professionally in ways that are important to you.
For some people, this might mean the first opportunity to complete training since leaving school. For others, it might mean taking the next step in their professional career.
All of our learning and development programmes are run by experienced facilitators who are skilled at supporting people in the health and community services sector to develop and grow in their work.
Find out more about our learning and development opportunities.
As well as our comprehensive learning and development opportunities, when you join our team you’ll have access to a range of benefits. These are updated over time but here’s a taster for you:
Regardless of where you work in our company or even where you are in your career, we have the tools and resources to help you in your personal and professional development. Some of the training and development opportunities available include paid NZQA training, leadership training programmes, learning scholarships, our peer coaching programme and so on.
Your health, safety and wellbeing
We work hard to ensure that you are healthy and safe at work. We have dedicated Health and Safety people around the country who can support you with all aspects of your health, safety and wellbeing. If you need extra support you can access free professional confidential counselling and support when you need it.
We’re flexible and depending on your role can offer a variety of options to help you achieve a work-life balance that suits you, your family/whānau and our organisation.
Discounts and deals
As one of our team, you can take advantage of great deals and special offers. For example, BNZ offers our team members attractive banking benefits, saving you money on fees and access to favourable Home Loan rates.